Monday, June 1, 2009

Thing 6 & 7

I've been using Google Reader for quite awhile now. I had one of those epiphanies when I couldn't remember every site I went to every day, and I'd forget one and miss on a whole week of posts. It makes it so much easier, and for sites where they post multiple things per day, I don't have to keep going back to that site. I keep Google Reader open in a tab, and I know instantly when there's something new.

I know that patrons could use this to follow my library's blog, but I think librarians could use it for their own personal development, like keeping up with news on Library Journal.

For Thing 7, I already have a ton of things I follow, but I did add Unshelved, which is another one of those sites I followed by going to the web site, then missing it for several weeks. (And if anyone is interested, when we get to Twitter, Bill Barnes from Unshelved is on there under billba.)

No comments:

Post a Comment