Monday, June 15, 2009

Thing 10: Ning

Ning is pretty nifty, I must say. It might come into good use for libraries who don't want to use Facebook groups (I'm told there are people who don't have and don't want Facebook).

I searched for beer because my husband is really into homebrewing now and I thought I might find a group he would be interested in. It turns out I found one that was good for me instead. I joined the group and read through the blog posts. The best part is that the woman who started the blog is also on Twitter, so I just started following her and she tweets when there's a new post.

I'm sure that if you didn't have a particular interest in mind that Ning could be a little overwhelming. There's a lot of groups on there, and finding one that is a right fit for you could be like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

No comments:

Post a Comment