Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thing 14: Delicious

I knew what Delicious was in a vague sense, but I didn't realize how much better it would be to use, especially with being able to use your bookmarks from any computer. It won points when it imported my bookmarks from Firefox, and it won more points that it automatically made my bookmarks private. I can see how sharing bookmarks would be beneficial (thanks Common Craft!) but since I'm using this for my personal searches, I'm glad I didn't have to go through all of them to change the security settings.

Also, I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to add the buttons to their browser. If you're doing this for convenience, it's not convenient to go the web site every time you want to look through your bookmarks. Not only does clicking on the bookmark button show the actual bookmarked items, but it also shows how you've tagged them, so it's super easy finding the thing you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment