Saturday, August 8, 2009

Wikis

Here's the reason I love Wikipedia: I can find a basic explanation of just about anything. I'd never use it as a research source, but it's great for becoming familiar with an unfamiliar topic. I've had to use it before in the library when a patron didn't really know what they were looking for and I had no idea what they were talking about and needed something quick and easy so I'd have a clue as to what kind of search would give them what they wanted.

I made a page and a subpage on DFW 23 Things, but for whatever reason, I could only make one subpage. Every time I tried making another subpage, it bumped me back to the main page. I do understand how it works, though. And I know that a lot of libraries and other organizations use wikis to provide information to employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment